Arthur; Arthur Goes Crosswire; Sue Ellen and the Brainasauraus
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur Goes Crosswire; Sue Ellen and the Brainasauraus
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur Goes Crosswire: Since they rescued Wilbur Rabbit (the guy who plays Bionic Bunny on TV!), Arthur and Muffy have been inseparable. Arthur figures it's best that "Friends of Wilbur" stick together, anyway. But the rest of their friends are growing tired of the new Arthur. Can he be "de-Muffified?"
Sue Ellen and the Brainasaurous: Brain's a great partner for a school assignment -- unless you wanted to work on it, too! When he's paired up with Sue Ellen for a team project, she expects to be a team player. Can Brain tolerate anyone else messing with his perfect A?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Goes Crosswire; Sue Ellen and the Brainasauraus,” 06/13/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 21, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1CAEA33BDC9A4D11A133F7FA0D6191B6.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Goes Crosswire; Sue Ellen and the Brainasauraus.” 06/13/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1CAEA33BDC9A4D11A133F7FA0D6191B6>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Goes Crosswire; Sue Ellen and the Brainasauraus. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1CAEA33BDC9A4D11A133F7FA0D6191B6