Evening at Pops; John Williams Special
JOHN WILLIAMS SPECIAL
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- John Williams Special
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
The Maestro as musician, conductor and composer in a special mix of performance and on-location scenes with selections from Williams’ well-known movie scores. Included against footage of New England is a performance of Williams’ Gloria theme by Orchestra and Chorus, Willams playing the harpsichord for Vivaldi’s Concerto for Four Violins and Orchestra, selections from Williams’ Academy Award-winning film themes and a finale of his America, The Dream Goes On.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; John Williams Special,” 07/05/1983, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1C6AE2CEFE7E4D5697D77E458BD3EAD6.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; John Williams Special.” 07/05/1983. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1C6AE2CEFE7E4D5697D77E458BD3EAD6>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; John Williams Special. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1C6AE2CEFE7E4D5697D77E458BD3EAD6