Advocates; Should the law allow birth control treatment for teenagers without their parents consent?
Part of The Advocates.
Moderator: Carolyn Bell Advocate: Zipporah Wiseman Advocate: James Hill Witnesses: Alan Guttmacher, MD Planned Parenthood Mary Lane, MD Sanger Contraception Clinic Blaine Porter Dean, Brigham Young University Richard Schmidt, MD American College of Obstetrictians-Gynecologists
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
- Should the law allow birth control treatment for teenagers without their parents consent?
- Program Number
- Series Description
A SERIES OF DEBATES with a moderator facilitating the discussion of national and international issues - using advocates who would introduce witnesses to support their point of view. Debates recorded at Boston's Faneuil Hall. Moderators included: Michael Dukakis; Marilyn Berger; Michael Harrington, Robert Maynard. (Premiered October, 1969; conceived by Prof. Roger Fisher.) Other participants included Barney Frank, Avi Nelson, Antonin Scalia, S.I. Hayakawa, Paul Simon, Albert Shankar, Richard Bolling, Pete McCloskey, Chester Crocker, John Anderson, Elmo Zumwalt, George Ball, John Kenneth Galbraith, William Colby, Eleanor Smeal, Phyllis Schlafly, Sam Ervin, Laurence Tribe, Daniel Schorr, Orrin Hatch, Morris Udall, Edward Kennedy, George McGovern, Jake Garn, Paul Tsongas, Alan Dershowitz. Series release date: 1969
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Hill, J. D. (James D.)
- Wiseman, Zipporah Batshaw
- Porter, Blaine R.
- Guttmacher, Alan F. (Alan Frank), 1898-1974
- Faneuil Hall, Boston, Massachusetts
- Social Issues
- Public Affairs
- Porter, Blaine (Guest)
- Wiseman, Zipporah (Guest)
- Guttmacher, Alan (Guest)
- Bell, Carolyn (Moderator)
- Hill, James (Guest)
- Schmidt, Richard (Guest)
- Lane, Mary (Guest)
- Publication Information
- Supported by a grant from the Open Society Foundations.
- Chicago: “Advocates; Should the law allow birth control treatment for teenagers without their parents consent?,” 05/08/1973, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1C49D3479B7D48B09960EAD917E386AE.
- MLA: “Advocates; Should the law allow birth control treatment for teenagers without their parents consent?.” 05/08/1973. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1C49D3479B7D48B09960EAD917E386AE>.
- APA: Advocates; Should the law allow birth control treatment for teenagers without their parents consent?. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1C49D3479B7D48B09960EAD917E386AE