Arthur; Prunella Deegan and the Disappointing Ending; Prunella and the Haunted Locker
D-Beta, green label broadcast master. Mix Tracks
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Prunella Deegan and the Disappointing Ending; Prunella and the Haunted Locker
- Program Number
1305; 157A; 1308; 157B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets:
Prunella Deegan and the Disappointing Ending, 157A
Finally, the final volume of the Henry Screever series, The Knights of the Bouillabiasse, is out. Prunella and Marina compete to see who can finish the book the fastest. But the two friends learn that speed-reading doesn’t always pay off.
Prunella and the Haunted Locker, 157B
Prunella is assigned a new school locker, which is rumored to be haunted! She refuses to believe it… until mysterious and unexplained things start to happen. Will Prunella have seven years of bad luck (and bad grades) or can she get to the bottom of this mystery?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Prunella Deegan and the Disappointing Ending; Prunella and the Haunted Locker,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1C08347D12C341E1886582358D4A5F4A.
- MLA: “Arthur; Prunella Deegan and the Disappointing Ending; Prunella and the Haunted Locker.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1C08347D12C341E1886582358D4A5F4A>.
- APA: Arthur; Prunella Deegan and the Disappointing Ending; Prunella and the Haunted Locker. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1C08347D12C341E1886582358D4A5F4A