Evening at Pops; Sarah Vaughan
Original performance from 5/23/1975. Approximate date: 1975-1976
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Sarah Vaughan
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Sarah Vaughan and the Boston Pops Orchestra perform:
Wagner: Introduction, Act III of Lohengrin Wagner: Overture to Rienzi Dinicu/Heifetz: Hora Staccato Jobim: Wave Mercer/Bloom: Day In, Day Out Williams/Nichols: Rainy Days and Mondays LeGrand: The Summer Knows Ray/Paul/Johnston: I'll Remember April Gershwin: Gershwin Tunes Umiliami: Mah-na, Mah-na Herman: Mame
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Cosel, William (Producer)
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Sarah Vaughan,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 23, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1B83267106AF40468D76265F9FF963C3.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Sarah Vaughan.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 23, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1B83267106AF40468D76265F9FF963C3>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Sarah Vaughan. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1B83267106AF40468D76265F9FF963C3