Vintage: A History of Wine
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Vintage: A History of Wine
- Program Number
- Series Description
Vintage visits some of the world's most magnificent locales to tell the story of wine from ancient times to the present. Some of the highlights of this tour include: Wine's birth thousands of years ago in the Caucasus mountains, where bare footed Soviet Georgians still tread grapes in the manner of their ancestors; how Magellan circumnavigated the globe on a ship stocked with more sherry than armaments; the German super vintage of 1540 & how one surviving bottle tasted in 1964; the 5 acre plot in France that yields the world's most expensive burgundy; how a wine industry in Japan is flourishing Series release date: 1/1989
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH in association with Channel Four (Series Producer)
- Gill, Michael (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Vintage: A History of Wine,” 02/05/1989, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1AF9C810746D42599F3808C74B38DC9D.
- MLA: “Vintage: A History of Wine.” 02/05/1989. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1AF9C810746D42599F3808C74B38DC9D>.
- APA: Vintage: A History of Wine. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1AF9C810746D42599F3808C74B38DC9D