Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pounding Meat
Simply Ming Jason Santos & Pounding Meat
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Pounding Meat
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
907: JASON SANTOS & POUNDING MEAT
On this episode of SIMPLY MING, Ming demonstrates one of the best ways to give home chefs more options with meat and fish – by pounding. Pounding tenderizes the meat, makes it thinner for faster cooking, and makes food go farther. Using this technique with some mystery ingredients, Chef Jason Santos of Boston’s Blue Inc., joins Ming to cook on the fly and invent two completely new dishes: New Style Sashimi with Soy-Lemon Syrup & Curry-Coriander Oil and Buttermilk Fried Pork Loin with a Heirloom Tomato Salad.
Recipes New Style Sashimi with Soy-Lemon Syrup and Curry-Coriander Oil Jason Santos' Buttermilk Fried Pork Loin with Heirloom Tomato Salad Blueberry Sake Mojito
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pounding Meat,” 10/06/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 6, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1AC8C65488D4453887101F43E1D7F404.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pounding Meat.” 10/06/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 6, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1AC8C65488D4453887101F43E1D7F404>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pounding Meat. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1AC8C65488D4453887101F43E1D7F404