Arthur; Chips are Down; Revenge of the Chips
Date: September 2007
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Chips are Down; Revenge of the Chips
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
The Chips are Down: What a mysterious, beautiful thing a green potato chip is -- and D.W. just ate a gigantic one! But then she hears a rumor that they're poisonous and she's resolved to live what's left of her life to the fullest because, well, it's only a matter of time...
Revenge of the Chip: Sure, kids do some pretty embarrassing things, but do Moms have to tell everyone? When the story about the green potato chip hits the local newspaper, it's just too much! How can D.W. get Mom to stop blabbing about it?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Chips are Down; Revenge of the Chips,” 09/27/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1A9A3191977A41A788EA26BB86928C3E.
- MLA: “Arthur; Chips are Down; Revenge of the Chips.” 09/27/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1A9A3191977A41A788EA26BB86928C3E>.
- APA: Arthur; Chips are Down; Revenge of the Chips. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1A9A3191977A41A788EA26BB86928C3E