Peep And The Big Wide World; Bridge the Gap; Meeting Half-way
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Bridge the Gap; Meeting Half-way
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 223 BRIDGE THE GAP THE BIRDS DISCOVER PINEAPPLES (THEY’RE PINECONES, ACTUALLY) BUT MUST BUILD A BRIDGE TO REACH THEM.
INTERSTITIAL: WHILE PLAYING WITH TOY CARS THE KIDS DISCOVER A DITCH. HOW WILL THEY GET THEIR CARS ACROSS IT? THEY BUILD SOME SUCCESSFUL AND UNSUCCESSFUL BRIDGES WITH CARDBOARD FROM THE RECYCLING BIN. "TRY MAKING YOUR OWN LITTLE BRIDGES. IT'S FUN!"
HALF-WAY NEWTON IS DELIGHTED TO LEARN OF ANOTHER TURTLE. (WELL, HE WILL BE DELIGHTED IF HE CAN EVER MANAGE TO MEET HER.)
INTERSTITIAL: THE KIDS ARE GOING TO PLAY A GAME AND THEY NEED TO MAKE TWO EQUAL COURT AREAS. THEY USE CHALK TO MARK OUT TWO AREAS THAT LOOK THE SAME AND THEN USE COUNTING TO VERIFY THE HALFWAY POINT. "TRY COUNTING AND MEASURING TO FIND THE MIDDLE OF SOMETHING."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Bridge the Gap; Meeting Half-way,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 9, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1A97DA29EEA74AB5936BA9757F88EBC8.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Bridge the Gap; Meeting Half-way.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 9, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1A97DA29EEA74AB5936BA9757F88EBC8>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Bridge the Gap; Meeting Half-way. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1A97DA29EEA74AB5936BA9757F88EBC8