Mystery!; Touching Evil, Series III
Touching Evil , Series III Episode 1
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Touching Evil, Series III
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
A new season of Touching Evil, starring Robson Green as D.I. Dave Creegan, Nicola Walker as D.I. Susan Taylor, and Shaun Dingwall as D.C. Mark Rivers -- members of London's elite Organized and Serial Crime Unit (OSC). This time out, the OSC loses one of its own to a serial killer who specializes in removing the heart from his victims (Episodes 1 and 2), and Creegan gets burned -- literally -- by a murderer who prefers fire as a means of personal expression (Episodes 3 and 4). 2109 • Creegan returns from psychiatric sick leave to clear a killer he helped convict. But the local police chief remains convinced the man is guilty -- especially since the murder spree resumes after his release. All victims, to date, are married women with their hearts neatly cut out and left nearby in garbage bags. 2110 • Creegan, Taylor, and Rivers step up their pursuit of the “garbage bag” killer with the discovery of yet another mutilated female corpse. Creegan concludes the slayer doesn't hate the women he's murdering; he's targeting the men who are left behind. The killer's final mark hits much closer to home. 2111 • A charred body in a derelict mental hospital starts Creegan on the trail of a killer who burns victims alive. A like-minded murderer, already behind bars in France, gives Taylor clues to the attractions of fire as a weapon of death. Meanwhile, new OSC recruit Martin Simmons (Andrew Scarborough) gets the cold shoulder from Creegan and Taylor. 2112 • A charred body is found at a nursery school. One after another prime suspect is identified then cleared, leaving a cold trail on the torch slayings. The chance discovery of a child's drawing heats things up, bringing Creegan closer to the truth -- and perilously close to the killer.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Touching Evil, Series III,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_19E58B594F4B46A68268528342554297.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Touching Evil, Series III.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_19E58B594F4B46A68268528342554297>.
- APA: Mystery!; Touching Evil, Series III. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_19E58B594F4B46A68268528342554297