Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Poaching with Jasper White
Simply Ming Ep 1022 Jasper White - Poaching
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Poaching with Jasper White
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Poaching with Guest Jasper White
This week on Simply Ming it’s all about Poaching – a technique that is often forgotten in today’s kitchens. To help bring poaching back into favor, Ming teams up with friend and celebrated chef, Jasper White. Together they demonstrate how poaching preserves moisture and texture while adding flavor and no fat. Ming and Jasper also serve up two tasty dishes: Striped Bass Poached in Saffron Broth with Fennel and Potatoes and a Salad Lyonaise with Red Wine Poached Eggs.
Recipes Watercress Salad Lyonnaise with Red Wine-Poached Eggs Jasper White's Striped Bass Poached in Saffron Broth with Fennel and Potatoes
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Poaching with Jasper White,” 12/06/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_19C21B8BBCF148459A35CD2811F9F7BC.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Poaching with Jasper White.” 12/06/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_19C21B8BBCF148459A35CD2811F9F7BC>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Poaching with Jasper White. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_19C21B8BBCF148459A35CD2811F9F7BC