Ten O'Clock News; Shannon on stop and search
As follow-up to Stuart murder, James Shannon condemns Boston police practice of stop and search. Don Murray of Patrolman's Association ridicules proposed civilian review board. Bruce Bolling at a press conference.
- Ten O'Clock News
Shannon on stop and search
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Shannon, James Michael, 1952-
- Bolling, Bruce C., 1945-2012
- Boston (Mass.). Police Dept.
- Discrimination in law enforcement
- Stuart, Carol
- Stuart, Charles, 1959-
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Shannon, James Michael, 1952- (Speaker)
- Bolling, Bruce C., 1945-2012 (Speaker)
- Rollins, Rebecca (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Shannon on stop and search,” 12/18/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_198A6BDAE5C64997A908A6939DB9F0FF.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Shannon on stop and search.” 12/18/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_198A6BDAE5C64997A908A6939DB9F0FF>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Shannon on stop and search. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_198A6BDAE5C64997A908A6939DB9F0FF