Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Becoming Readers And Writers
Becoming Readers and Writers: Sheila Owen, Kindergarten Closed Captioned Master Ch.1 Full Mono Mix Ch.2 Full Mono Mix Ch.3 Sync & Music Ch.4 Sync
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices
- Becoming Readers And Writers
- Program Number
- Series Description
Educational productions. Series release date: 2002
- Program Description
In Sheila Owen's Beaumont, California kindergarten class, all five- and six-year-olds are "readers and writers from day one." We see her students listen and respond to a story about pumpkins, create sentences using the word wall, and chant a poem on the letter D. Guided by Ms. Owen, they write a group account of the pumpkin life cycle, and then work independently on their writing.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Becoming Readers And Writers,” 05/23/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1980764D50894CE286FC0143230A35DF.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Becoming Readers And Writers.” 05/23/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1980764D50894CE286FC0143230A35DF>.
- APA: Teaching Reading K-2: A Library of Classroom Practices; Becoming Readers And Writers. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1980764D50894CE286FC0143230A35DF