Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Raymond Torres and Shirley Diaz
La Plaza Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Ray Torres & Shirley Diaz WGBH Master Show #3108
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Raymond Torres and Shirley Diaz
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
On an average day in the United States, 1,425 children are removed from their homes and placed in foster care—more than 500,000 kids a year Almost 20 percent of these children are Latino Raymond Torres, the executive director of Casey Family Services, discusses causes of this overrepresentation, the need to enlist more Latino families to participate as foster families, and ways to reduce the number of Latino children who experience foster care in America. Shirley Díaz, a product of six different foster homes, produced a public radio documentary about the foster care system. She brings a very personal and poignant perspective to this moving and thought-provoking discussion.
NOTE: The 3XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 31XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
VeMe Program Number: 304
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Raymond Torres and Shirley Diaz,” 03/24/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 18, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_18F5BF7FB66F499982EE9FC4C1C3E881.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Raymond Torres and Shirley Diaz.” 03/24/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 18, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_18F5BF7FB66F499982EE9FC4C1C3E881>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Raymond Torres and Shirley Diaz. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_18F5BF7FB66F499982EE9FC4C1C3E881