Arthur; Muffy Goes Metropolitan; Cast Away
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Muffy Goes Metropolitan; Cast Away
- Program Number
701; 702; 97A, 97B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
702: Muffy Goes Metropolitan: Muffy happily accepts Sue Ellen's invitation to spend the weekend in the bustling metropolis, Crown City. At last! Her big chance to revel in an unending parade of glamorous fashions, high culture, and fine cuisine! But can Muffy accept city realities that are quite different ... yet perhaps more interesting ... than her fantasies?
701: Cast Away: Arthur is thrilled when Dad invites him to go fly-fishing for the weekend. Finally -- an escape from D.W.! But when a change in plans forces them to include her, Arthur's had enough. Does D.W. always have to get her own way?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Muffy Goes Metropolitan; Cast Away,” 07/04/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_18AF98E1A90544E0860C958053235FD4.
- MLA: “Arthur; Muffy Goes Metropolitan; Cast Away.” 07/04/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_18AF98E1A90544E0860C958053235FD4>.
- APA: Arthur; Muffy Goes Metropolitan; Cast Away. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_18AF98E1A90544E0860C958053235FD4