Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: Rustico Italia
Food Trip with Todd English 111 Italy: Rustico Italy SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Italy: Rustico Italia
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 JOIN TODD ENGLISH FOR A COOKING VACATION WHEN HIS FOOD TRIP TAKES HIM TO EMILIA-ROMAGNA. FIRST, A MEDIEVAL FOOD WALK FINDS TODD ROAMING THE VAULTED STREETS OF BOLOGNA LA GRASSA TO LEARN ABOUT THIS HISTORIC CITY AND ITS CUISINE. THEN, TODD VENTURES INTO THE COUNTRYSIDE TO EXPERIENCE A PHEASANT HUNT AND ENJOYS LOCALLY CRAFTED TORTELLINI WITH A HEARTY PHEASANT RAGU. WHAT COULD ADD TO THIS RICH EXPERIENCE? TRUFFLES- AND A VISIT TO SAVIGNO, KNOWN AS THE CITTA DI TARTUFO. BACK AT TUSCANY AT MOHEGAN SUN IN CONNECTICUT, TODD CREATES A BEAUTIFUL DISH INSPIRED BY HIS TRIP: PHEASANT-STUFFED PASTA TOPPED WITH DELICATE WHITE TRUFFLES.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: Rustico Italia,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 16, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1802748C45984EE588285ADDEF3748C5.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: Rustico Italia.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 16, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1802748C45984EE588285ADDEF3748C5>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Italy: Rustico Italia. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1802748C45984EE588285ADDEF3748C5