Antiques Roadshow; Toronto, Ontario
Hour 1 EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Toronto, Ontario
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
411: From the shores of Lake Ontario, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW host Chris Jussel tells the story of Toronto's early history and its rise to become Canada's financial and commercial center. Appraisers gather at The National Trade Centre at Exhibition Place to view an assortment of unexpected treasures, including a handsome silver tea set, a rare golf club, and a very rare bronze, ivory and marble statue valued at between $100,000 and $150,000.
412: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW host Chris Jussel introduces viewers to one of Toronto's distinctive institutions, the Royal Ontario Museum, one of the few museums in the world that combines fine art, archaeology, and sciences under one roof. Among the treasures uncovered by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW experts at The National Trade Centre at Exhibition Place are a Canadian Mounties doll brought in by a very young collector, a vintage Rolex watch, and a fascinating weight in the shape of a bird designed to hold open a gate and estimated to be worth between $600 and $800.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Toronto, Ontario,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_16EAC8C8CB7B43FF89085AF69C88B8BF.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Toronto, Ontario.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_16EAC8C8CB7B43FF89085AF69C88B8BF>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Toronto, Ontario. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_16EAC8C8CB7B43FF89085AF69C88B8BF