Jean Shepherd's America; I Love Cars, So There, Ralph Nader
NTW Dub of Original - 8/98
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Jean Shepherd's America
- I Love Cars, So There, Ralph Nader
- Program Number
- Series Description
In these humorous and affectionate television poems, humorist Jean Shepherd celebrates America in all its richness and diversity -- from cars to candy, baseball to beer, motels to money. Each week a different aspect of our national psyche is explored as Shepherd travels to the Okefenokee Swamp, Death Valley, Milwaukee, the Old South, and other far-flung locations -- using the PCP-90 portable camera.
See April and May 1971 Program Guides for cover stories. Series release date: 4/11/1971
- Program Description
What a red-blooded car fanatic wouldn’t give to supervise the assembly of his own car or hop into a 1924 Dusenberg and take a lap around the Indianapolis 500 track in the company of racing great “Duke” Nalon. Humorist Jean Shepherd does all this and more when Jean Shepherd’s America starts the engine.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barzyk, Fred (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Jean Shepherd's America; I Love Cars, So There, Ralph Nader,” 11/04/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 20, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_16E307163F694942BCED8609ECD37831.
- MLA: “Jean Shepherd's America; I Love Cars, So There, Ralph Nader.” 11/04/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 20, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_16E307163F694942BCED8609ECD37831>.
- APA: Jean Shepherd's America; I Love Cars, So There, Ralph Nader. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_16E307163F694942BCED8609ECD37831