Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Fostering Book Discussions
Show #10 Fostering Book Discussions Maria Ruiz-Blanco, Chicago, Il Protectiion Master-Work for hire Copyright Annenberg Media 2006
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices
- Fostering Book Discussions
- Program Number
- Series Description
Completed in 2005 This video workshop with auxiliary classroom videos will show intermediate elementary teachers how to help their students transition from “learning to read” to “reading to learn.” The entire classroom lessons are included in eight additional video programs for optional further exploration of each topic. Series release date: 2005
- Program Description
Third-grade teacher Maria Ruiz-Blanco is piloting the use of book club in her bilingual classroom. The class is starting a new book, My Name Is Maria Isabel, in their year-long unit on immigration. Working in groups, students discuss what they read, ask questions, and make connections to their own lives. (Optional classroom program)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Browne, John (Series Producer)
- Lawman, Kelly (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Fostering Book Discussions,” 03/06/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 26, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_16A1DE5217F0438088D70CEA7233A3CB.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Fostering Book Discussions.” 03/06/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 26, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_16A1DE5217F0438088D70CEA7233A3CB>.
- APA: Teaching Reading 3-5: A Library of Classroom Practices; Fostering Book Discussions. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_16A1DE5217F0438088D70CEA7233A3CB