La Plaza; Con CARLOS FUENTES EN DARTMOUTH
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Con CARLOS FUENTES EN DARTMOUTH
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Why does a writer, so identified with his homeland, decided to establish residence in a foreign land? Guest host Angel Ramon Rivera poses this and other questions to this renowned writer.
Angel Ramon Rivera interviews Mexican novelist and diplomat Carlos Fuentes. In Spanish with English captions. 1981.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Con CARLOS FUENTES EN DARTMOUTH,” 04/28/1981, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_16430140995640CF97A325CCEFFB53A5.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Con CARLOS FUENTES EN DARTMOUTH.” 04/28/1981. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_16430140995640CF97A325CCEFFB53A5>.
- APA: La Plaza; Con CARLOS FUENTES EN DARTMOUTH. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_16430140995640CF97A325CCEFFB53A5