Arthur; D.W. Beats All; Buster The Myth Maker
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- D.W. Beats All; Buster The Myth Maker
- Program Number
909; 124A; 125B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
D.W. Beats All
After the Tibbles get a set of drums to play at the music festival, D.W. is determined to get an even bigger and louder one. But when Mom tells her she can't get everything she wants (gasp!), D.W. realizes that she can march to a different beat.
Buster The Myth Maker
Buster is always telling the most incredible stories -- like the one about the rat in the soda bottle, or grasshopper eyes in Crinkle-Chaw gum! Now he claims there is a tiger in the state forest, which of course explains all those missing dogs. (Huh?) Can Arthur help Buster separate fact from fiction in order to solve this mystery?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W. Beats All; Buster The Myth Maker,” 02/08/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_158A46948C2742E28071B4B422D34C43.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W. Beats All; Buster The Myth Maker.” 02/08/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_158A46948C2742E28071B4B422D34C43>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W. Beats All; Buster The Myth Maker. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_158A46948C2742E28071B4B422D34C43