Simply Ming; On The Road with Michael Schlow at Tico
Simply Ming Ep 1005 Michael Schlow at Tico SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On The Road with Michael Schlow at Tico
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Buying local and buying fresh are key to great cooking. This week on Simply Ming, Chef Ming Tsai and longtime friend Boston Chef, Michael Schlow, go to Boston City Hall Plaza Farmer’s Market for a little inspiration and then head back to Chef Schlow’s restaurant, Tico, where they cook up two mouth-watering dishes: Red Tape Steak and a Double Lamb Chop with Pea Shoot-Beet Salad.
Location: Boston, MA
Recipes Ming's Double Lamb Chop with Pea Shoot-Beet Salad Michael Schlow’s Bistecca alla Fiorentina (Red Tape Steak)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On The Road with Michael Schlow at Tico,” 09/19/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 15, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_157C4CA0EF6645D7926CAF6DFC41239E.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On The Road with Michael Schlow at Tico.” 09/19/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 15, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_157C4CA0EF6645D7926CAF6DFC41239E>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On The Road with Michael Schlow at Tico. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_157C4CA0EF6645D7926CAF6DFC41239E