Evening at Pops; King’s Singers
DOLBY A STEREO
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- King’s Singers
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
John Williams the Boston Pops Orchestra premiere the new season with six harmonizing young Englishmen whose repertoire ranges from Renaissance ballads to randy Newman. The Pops also perform the Jubilee 350 Fanfare and Rossini's Tancredi Overture.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; King’s Singers,” 06/06/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_14EF0794FA1543D3AA8FB9729EEC9608.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; King’s Singers.” 06/06/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_14EF0794FA1543D3AA8FB9729EEC9608>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; King’s Singers. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_14EF0794FA1543D3AA8FB9729EEC9608