Arthur; Phony Fern; Brain's Shocking Secret
Phony Fern; Brain’s Dark Secret
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Phony Fern; Brain's Shocking Secret
- Program Number
1104; 138B; 138A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See Individual Titles for Additional Assets
Phony Fern: Cookie Jar 138B When Fern's parents give her a cell phone for "emergencies only," Fern is uninterested -- until Muffy introduces her to the joys of personalized ring tones, texting, and incessant chatting! Fern becomes hooked, and starts to believe that nail polish consultations are "emergencies." But she realizes that although evolving technology is great, sometimes it's better to communicate the old-fashioned way, in person.
Brain’s Shocking Secret: Cookie Jar 138A Brain is the smartest kid in his class. Everyone knows that! What they don't know is that he was kept back in Kindergarten - and that's a fact Brain would like to keep secret. Will Binky spill the beans?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Phony Fern; Brain's Shocking Secret,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 12, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_14D62C5442D44659AC67F91A81D59799.
- MLA: “Arthur; Phony Fern; Brain's Shocking Secret.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 12, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_14D62C5442D44659AC67F91A81D59799>.
- APA: Arthur; Phony Fern; Brain's Shocking Secret. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_14D62C5442D44659AC67F91A81D59799