Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Veneered Coffee Table with Metal Frame
APT HD Master Coffee table with Laura and a road trip to Payne Engineering with guest Harry Payne, Jr.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Veneered Coffee Table with Metal Frame
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
Veneered Coffee Table with Metal Frame – Episode 08
The Rough Cut Veneered Coffee Table project brings Tommy on a Road Trip to the metal works shop of Payne Engineering in Canton, MA. There, Tommy learns the basics of making a metal frame. Back in the shop, Tommy builds out the coffee table and teaches some basic veneering techniques. Then, Tommy is joined in the shop by fellow woodworker Laura Fuoco.
Resources: Jointer Planer Table Saw Band Saw Mortiser Hand Plane Bench Chisels Clamps
Field Trip: Payne Engineering & Fabrication Co., Canton, Massachusetts
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Veneered Coffee Table with Metal Frame,” 10/04/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1484ABF5C6A34A1C913AEB634140162B.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Veneered Coffee Table with Metal Frame.” 10/04/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1484ABF5C6A34A1C913AEB634140162B>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Veneered Coffee Table with Metal Frame. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1484ABF5C6A34A1C913AEB634140162B