La Plaza; Conversations With Ilan Stavans: Mario Molina
APT Master LPLZ 405
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Conversations With Ilan Stavans: Mario Molina
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Mexican Noble Prize winner Mario Molina speaks with Ilan Stavans about scientific celebrity and Latin American brain drain.
The discovery of the hole in the Ozone layer changed everyone’s life, including that of it’s discoverer, the Mexican scientist, Mario Molina. Dr. Molina, the only Latino to have won the Nobel Prize for Chemistry, speaks with Ilan Stavans about the “brain drain” from Latin America towards the United States, the political muscle gained by winning the Nobel Prize, and the scientific culture that exists in Latin American countries.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Conversations With Ilan Stavans: Mario Molina,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1477C83D128A4828914A6AA869E8151C.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Conversations With Ilan Stavans: Mario Molina.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1477C83D128A4828914A6AA869E8151C>.
- APA: La Plaza; Conversations With Ilan Stavans: Mario Molina. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1477C83D128A4828914A6AA869E8151C