Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Tony Plana
La Plaza Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Tony Plana WGBH CC Master Show #3010
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Tony Plana
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
Cuban actor and director Tony Plana has starred in movies such as An Officer and a Gentleman and JFK and in TV series Resurrection Boulevard and CSI. Now millions of Americans know him as Ignacio Súarez, Betty's undocumented dad on the ABC hit series Ugly Betty. Plana is also the cofounder and executive artistic director of the East LA Classic Theatre, a group dedicated to serving the Latino community through educational outreach programs and bilingual productions of traditional and contemporary classics. In this interview with María Hinojosa, Plana talks about his career, his role as an educator, and how he has become the poster child of immigration.
NOTE: The 2XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 30XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
VeMe program number: 206
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Tony Plana,” 04/08/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_143300B71AF44F96A3192A5996ADD999.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Tony Plana.” 04/08/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_143300B71AF44F96A3192A5996ADD999>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Tony Plana. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_143300B71AF44F96A3192A5996ADD999