Arthur; Water And The Brain; Arthur The Unfunny
WGBH EE Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Water And The Brain; Arthur The Unfunny
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Water and the Brain: Is The Brain a snob? That seems to be the only explanation for why he won't go to Waterworld with the rest of his friends. But Arthur concludes that theory is all wet as he tries to discover what's really bugging the Brain.
Arthur the Unfunny: Arthur's a notorious joke-killer. But when he's scheduled to perform as a carnival clown, Arthur decides he'll learn how to make people laugh--or else!
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Water And The Brain; Arthur The Unfunny,” 01/16/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 3, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_140C6E7EABB648D2B5C5731B7B96895C.
- MLA: “Arthur; Water And The Brain; Arthur The Unfunny.” 01/16/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 3, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_140C6E7EABB648D2B5C5731B7B96895C>.
- APA: Arthur; Water And The Brain; Arthur The Unfunny. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_140C6E7EABB648D2B5C5731B7B96895C