Evening at Pops; Randy Newman And Leila Josefowicz
Approximate date: 1991
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Randy Newman And Leila Josefowicz
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Randy Newman's urbane style melds with the Boston Pops in melodies ranging from ironic social commentaries to bittersweet love songs. Newman conducts his film score for "Avalon" and performs "I Love to See You Smile" and "Short People." Thirteen-year-old violin virtuoso Leila Josefowicz performs the rondo from Pagnini's" Violin Concerto #2," and "Praeludium and Allegro" by Kreisler.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Randy Newman And Leila Josefowicz,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_13C2805BAB2B4D5F8F5E3EA1A8317DB4.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Randy Newman And Leila Josefowicz.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_13C2805BAB2B4D5F8F5E3EA1A8317DB4>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Randy Newman And Leila Josefowicz. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_13C2805BAB2B4D5F8F5E3EA1A8317DB4