Arthur; Fernlets by Fern; No Acting Please
D-Beta, green label broadcast master. Mix Tracks
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Fernlets by Fern; No Acting Please
- Program Number
1308; 158A; 1305; 158B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets:
Fernlets by Fern, 158A
As part of her latest business venture, Muffy talks Fern into writing poems for a new line of greeting cards which becomes the hit of Elwood City. But booming business causes Fern to burn out. Can Fern and Muffy find a way to make writing fun again?
No Acting Please, 158B
Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman guest-stars as director Will Toffman in this episode about theater and the arts. When Fern lands a role in the Elwood City community production of “It Began With a Whistle,” she fears she’s not talented enough to be a star actress. But Will Toffman teaches Fern how to have fun, be herself and truly shine.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Fernlets by Fern; No Acting Please,” 02/25/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 6, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_13BB4E59C89141D1A58AE2BEFFF26456.
- MLA: “Arthur; Fernlets by Fern; No Acting Please.” 02/25/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 6, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_13BB4E59C89141D1A58AE2BEFFF26456>.
- APA: Arthur; Fernlets by Fern; No Acting Please. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_13BB4E59C89141D1A58AE2BEFFF26456