Group, The; 30th anniversary of the Black Panther movement
beta master - Local Programming - The Group - 5/31/96 Black Panthers
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Group, The
- 30th anniversary of the Black Panther movement
- Series Description
Nightly public affairs roundtable featuring rotating group of Boston area residents discussing topics drawn from the news. Each program will open with a short produced piece introducing the topic, then join the discussion in progress. No host, panelists are drawn from group of 30-40 people from all walks of life in the Boston community.
SERIES PREMIERED NOV 1991; DISCONTINUED AS OF JAN 1996 Series release date: 11/1991
- Program Description
Panelists: Eugene Rivers, Azusa Christian Community; Oliver Mitchell, Attorney; Kathleen Cleaver, National Committee Secreatary, 1969-71 Black Panthers, Visiting scholar, DuBois Institute, Harvard University. Cappy Pinderhughes, Lt. of Information, 1969-70, Black Panthers, Doctoral candidate, Sociology, Boston College; Chuck Turner, Co-Chair, 1968-72, Boston Black United Front, Counselor, Emerge.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Local Communities
- Mayer, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Group, The; 30th anniversary of the Black Panther movement,” 05/31/1996, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_139CBA8A6CCB4835B6695AC1F703909B.
- MLA: “Group, The; 30th anniversary of the Black Panther movement.” 05/31/1996. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_139CBA8A6CCB4835B6695AC1F703909B>.
- APA: Group, The; 30th anniversary of the Black Panther movement. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_139CBA8A6CCB4835B6695AC1F703909B