Flick Out; Question Of Color; State Street
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Flick Out
- Question Of Color; State Street
- Series Description
Originally aired on May 22, 1968 as a four and a half hour marathon showcasing young filmmakers. Hosted by Standish Lawder, Yale University film professor, “Flick Out” gave viewers the chance to watch some of the most creative films being produced at that time. It included short documentaries, film essays, animated cartoons and full-length features that illuminated the art of film.
Beginning in July 1968, “Flickout” became a weekly half-hour series, produced by Henry Morgenthau, showing experimental films from both new, young filmmakers, and established craftsmen. Whenever possible Morgenthau interviews the filmmaker whose work is being shown. Series release date: 5/22/1968
- Program Description
Question of Color is a lighthearted spoof of A Man And A Woman. The Bartlett version is a pseudo-poignant love story between a black woman and a white man whose conversation centers on a racing car - 1950 vintage Volvo - instead of a snappy Mustang. New film techniques intensify the beauty of black skin against white.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Film and Television
- Morgenthau III, Henry (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Flick Out; Question Of Color; State Street,” 09/05/1968, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_13939FC21A224E4996034749B09EF24C.
- MLA: “Flick Out; Question Of Color; State Street.” 09/05/1968. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_13939FC21A224E4996034749B09EF24C>.
- APA: Flick Out; Question Of Color; State Street. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_13939FC21A224E4996034749B09EF24C