Arthur; D.W.’s Library Card; Arthur’s Big Hit
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- D.W.’s Library Card; Arthur’s Big Hit
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
D.W.'s Library Card, 67B When D.W. discovers that she can get her own library card, she rejoices at the world of books waiting for her. (Now if only she could sign her name to get the card in the first place...) This show will be the centerpiece of an outreach effort to highlight library resources and activities.
Arthur's Big Hit, 68A Is it ever okay to hit someone? Sometimes you just get so mad, you wanna.... pow! Right?? Arthur experiences considerable confusion, and finally clarity, as he finds himself on both ends of the hitting question.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; D.W.’s Library Card; Arthur’s Big Hit,” 09/01/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 28, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_12DAFD45052A40FC97167216446C43AA.
- MLA: “Arthur; D.W.’s Library Card; Arthur’s Big Hit.” 09/01/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 28, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_12DAFD45052A40FC97167216446C43AA>.
- APA: Arthur; D.W.’s Library Card; Arthur’s Big Hit. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_12DAFD45052A40FC97167216446C43AA