Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pressure Cookers
Simply Ming The Tsais & Pressure Cookers
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Pressure Cookers
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Broadcast in Boston one week later than system airdate.
910: MOM & DAD TSAI & PRESSURE COOKERS LOCATION: Cain Vineyard, St. Helena, Spring Mountain District, Napa Valley, CA
Ming's on top of the world in Napa Valley, affectionately known as the Spring Mountain District where he’s joined by his parents, Steven & Iris Tsai. Together they show us the perfect culinary marriage of chicken, duck and wine when they create Coq au Vin and Red Roast Duck with Scallion Pancakes.
Recipes: Coq au Vin Mom and Pops' Red Roast Duck with Scallion Pancakes
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pressure Cookers,” 10/27/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_12C1CCB176A5449A8F3D2110AFC3BD0F.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pressure Cookers.” 10/27/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_12C1CCB176A5449A8F3D2110AFC3BD0F>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pressure Cookers. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_12C1CCB176A5449A8F3D2110AFC3BD0F