Ten O'Clock News; Minority developers
Marcus Jones reports that a group of minority developers will work with Mayor Ray Flynn and the Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA) to develop a multi-million dollar complex including office, retail, and residential space in downtown Boston. The complex will replace a downtown parking garage. Jones reports that Flynn's "parcel to parcel linkage program" will link downtown development to development in minority neighborhoods. Jones adds that this project will be linked to a parcel of land in Roxbury. Flynn and the developers, called the Columbia Plaza Associates, hold a press conference to announce plans for the development. Interviews with President of City Council Bruce Bolling and Davis Woo of the Chinese Investment Group about the need for development in minority neighborhoods. Interview with Stephen Coyle, the BRA Commissioner, about opportunities for minority involvement in development. This edition of the Ten O'Clock News also included the following items: Community leaders talk about the significance of the African Meeting House and Renovation of the African Meeting House
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Press conferences
- City planning
- Flynn, Raymond L.
- Bolling, Bruce C., 1945-2012
- Boston Redevelopment Authority
- Boston (Mass.)
- Roxbury (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Flynn, Raymond L. (Speaker)
- Bolling, Bruce C., 1945-2012 (Interviewee)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Minority developers,” 09/19/1986, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 9, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_12BC265CFFFB457FA2CF3DBC43D214D0.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Minority developers.” 09/19/1986. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 9, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_12BC265CFFFB457FA2CF3DBC43D214D0>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Minority developers. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_12BC265CFFFB457FA2CF3DBC43D214D0