Arthur; Arthur Meets Mister Rogers; Draw!
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur Meets Mister Rogers; Draw!
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur Meets Mister Rogers: Mister Rogers is staying at Arthur's house! That's the bad news. The good news is that nobody knows about it. Yet. I mean, Mister Rogers is a nice guy and all, and he really understands kids, and he's a lot of fun, but... his show is for babies!! Can Arthur keep his friends in the dark?
Draw!: The trouble starts when Fern draws a not-too-flattering cartoon of Francine. (Who sort of deserved it; after all, she did call Fern a mouse.) This mouse really roars, and soon everyone is drawing nasty cartoons of Francine. Poor Francine pretends not to be care, but it's not much fun being a punch line.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur Meets Mister Rogers; Draw!,” 03/06/1998, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1235BA12C10642C3B594958D1E3D159F.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur Meets Mister Rogers; Draw!.” 03/06/1998. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1235BA12C10642C3B594958D1E3D159F>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur Meets Mister Rogers; Draw!. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_1235BA12C10642C3B594958D1E3D159F