Arthur; Curse Of The Grebes, The; Arthur Changes Gears
WGBH COPY PBS Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Curse Of The Grebes, The; Arthur Changes Gears
- Program Number
1006; 135A; 128B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Curse Of The Grebes, The
THE ELWOOD CITY GREBES HAVEN'T WON THE BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SINCE 1918. BUT WITH THE ADDITION OF THREE PLAYERS -- VOICED BY REAL-LIFE RED SOX PLAYERS JOHNNY DAMON, MIKE TIMLIN, AND EDGAR RENTERIA! -- THE TITLE IS FINALLY WITHIN REACH. THERE'S ONE PROBLEM: WHENEVER BUSTER IS AT THE GAME, THE GREBES LOSE! IS BUSTER THE TEAM'S CURSE?! OR CAN THE PLAYERS CONVINCE BUSTER THAT HIS LOYALTY AS A FAN IS MORE VALUABLE TO THEM THAN WINNING?
Arthur Changes Gears
ARTHUR FINALLY SAVES ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY THE BIKE OF HIS DREAMS! BUT...THIS NEW BIKE IS WAY TOO NICE TO ACTUALLY RIDE. WHAT IF IT GETS WET? OR DIRTY?! IT TAKES THE WHOLE GANG -- PLUS A SPECIAL VISIT BY THE GHOST OF BIKES NEVER RIDDEN -- TO CONVINCE ARTHUR THAT HIS TREASURED POSSESSION IS BETTER OFF BEING ENJOYED THAN KEPT ON DISPLAY.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Curse Of The Grebes, The; Arthur Changes Gears,” 04/11/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_11734D6FF72349E1882178CDB2A5ACBF.
- MLA: “Arthur; Curse Of The Grebes, The; Arthur Changes Gears.” 04/11/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_11734D6FF72349E1882178CDB2A5ACBF>.
- APA: Arthur; Curse Of The Grebes, The; Arthur Changes Gears. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_11734D6FF72349E1882178CDB2A5ACBF