Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores: Cozido with Pedro Oliviera
Simply Ming Ep 1011 Azores: Cozido (Pedro Oliviera) SD Upconvert
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- On the Road in the Azores: Cozido with Pedro Oliviera
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
This week Simply Ming is on the road traveling to the exotic Azores. Ming will visit with Chef Pedro Oliviera to learn how to make one of the region’s most famous dishes – Cozido – a one-pot meal that’s literally cooked underground by the Earth’s volcanic heat. Rising to the challenge, Ming also serves us his own take on this national dish.
Recipes Ming's Cozido Das Furnace Pedro Oliviera's Cozido Das Furnace
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores: Cozido with Pedro Oliviera,” 10/20/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 16, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_103279B1BD4845F589344E0972FE34AB.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores: Cozido with Pedro Oliviera.” 10/20/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 16, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_103279B1BD4845F589344E0972FE34AB>.
- APA: Simply Ming; On the Road in the Azores: Cozido with Pedro Oliviera. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_103279B1BD4845F589344E0972FE34AB