Ten O'Clock News; Thaddeus Buczko
Several takes of reporter standup. Report on the "domino effect" created by the swearing in of ex-auditor Thaddues Buczko as a judge. John Finnegan will most likely replace him, and then someone else will have to replace Finnegan. B-roll of Speaker of the House Thomas McGee, President of the Senate William Bulger, and other state legislators in the State House Chambers. Buczko's swearing in ceremony. Bulger, McGee, and Governor King preside over the ceremony. McGee makes a heartfelt speech about his admiration for Buczko. King swears in Buczko. Buczko addresses the audience. A judge also addresses the audience.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Bulger, William M.
- Buczko, Thaddeus M., b. 1926
- Massachusetts State House (Boston, Mass.)
- Speeches, addresses, etc.
- McGee, Thomas W., 1924-2012
- Massachusetts -- Politics and government
- Rites and ceremonies
- King, Edward J., 1925-2006
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- McGee, Thomas W., 1924-2012 (Speaker)
- King, Edward J., 1925-2006 (Speaker)
- Bulger, William M. (Speaker)
- Wu, Janet (Reporter)
- Buczko, Thaddeus M., b. 1926 (Speaker)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Thaddeus Buczko,” 02/11/1981, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FDAD7EC434C4B2C81FF6A2E27B6CB90.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Thaddeus Buczko.” 02/11/1981. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FDAD7EC434C4B2C81FF6A2E27B6CB90>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Thaddeus Buczko. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FDAD7EC434C4B2C81FF6A2E27B6CB90