Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Platform Bed
Rough Cut Ep 312 Platform Bed
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac
- Platform Bed
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROUGH CUT - WOODWORKING WITH TOMMY MAC invites viewers into the world of respected furniture maker Tommy MacDonald, as he travels to historic landmarks to gain design inspiration and then returns to his workshop to demonstrate the steps and techniques needed to create future family heirlooms. In each episode, MacDonald shares his skills and best practices, providing detailed project instructions for anyone interested in learning the basics of the craft. For the more experienced enthusiast, Tommy also showcases his more complex projects with advanced tips and techniques. Each half-hour includes three segments: "Basic Woodworking Techniques," "Weekend Projects" and "The Field Trip."
Rough Cut – Woodworking with Tommy Mac is produced by WGBH Boston and distributed by American Public Television. Series release date: 10/2/2010
- Program Description
On a very special episode of Rough Cut, Tommy joins forces with actor and woodworker, Nick Offerman, to create a Platform Bed. The simple bed frame is made using mortises and tenons. It is topped by a stunning live-edge ambrosia maple headboard. Planning ahead, Tommy has some tricks to make a king-sized bed easy to transport.
Resources: Jointer Planer Table Saw Router Random Orbit Sander
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Platform Bed,” 11/05/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FC1E066B97B45E9865B9EA8DD95D099.
- MLA: “Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Platform Bed.” 11/05/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FC1E066B97B45E9865B9EA8DD95D099>.
- APA: Rough Cut- Woodworking With Tommy Mac; Platform Bed. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FC1E066B97B45E9865B9EA8DD95D099