Simply Ming; Three Chile Dipping Sauce
Simply Ming Show 222K1, Three Chile Dipping Sauce, Uncaptioned Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Three Chile Dipping Sauce
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Ken Oringer
Three-Chile Dipping Sauce has been made famous by Ming's restaurant Blue Ginger - it's been on the menu since day one! The essential dipping sauce, it's a little salty, a little tart, and a little spicy. Ming creates a few nibbles to enjoy with the sauce starting with two versions of Lumpias, the popular Philippine version of the Chinese egg roll: fried 3 Mushroom Lumpias and a healthier alternative, Mushroom-filled Lettuce Wraps. Vegetarian Tempura also joins the line up - definitely the most addictive ways to eat your vegetables; and he also prepares Grilled Satays of Marinated Shrimp and Pineapple. Javier Morales and Mario Solis of Blue Ginger show Ming how they make gallons and gallons of the three chile dipping sauce for use at Blue Ginger. Then chef Ken Oringer makes his entree of Steamed Black Bass with Hot Garlic Oil, Three Chile Dipping Sauce, and Candied Orange.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Three Chile Dipping Sauce,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FBBB6A13FB346CDB4D5F4D25B1C8427.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Three Chile Dipping Sauce.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FBBB6A13FB346CDB4D5F4D25B1C8427>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Three Chile Dipping Sauce. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FBBB6A13FB346CDB4D5F4D25B1C8427