Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Nicholas Christakis
Caption Master 7/27/11 Company: WGBH Boston Media Title: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One Episode: Nicholas Christakis LP184 / MHOO523 TRT: 26:46 Op: T.C.P. TC: SD 29.97 DF VTR: 624 Anamorphic
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One
- Nicholas Christakis
- Program Number
- Series Description
Series Premiere May 1, 2007 The series ran for 5 seasons and ended in 2012.
La Plaza, the Latino Production Unit of WGBH Boston, presents the new series Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One, a provocative in-depth talk show featuring America's foremost Latino thinkers, artists, writers, and opinion leaders. Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One will premiere on WGBH and air on public television stations across the United States. A separate version of the episodes, in which the interview is conducted in Spanish, will run on V-me, a Spanish language digital public television service.
Hinojosa is an award-winning journalist and author, and the managing editor and host of public radio's Latino USA. A seasoned journalist with more than 25 years of experience, Hinojosa is also the senior correspondent for the Emmy Award-winning PBS newsmagazine NOW with David Brancaccio.
The executive producer of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One is Joseph Tovares. Patricia Alvarado Núñez is the producer.
Conversaciones con Maria Hinojosa is the Spanish-language version of Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One. It features interviews with prominent Latino artists, writers, activists and civic leaders. The first season aired on V-me, the Spanish-language digital PBS channel. Series release date: 5/1/2007
- Program Description
How much are we influenced by our friends? According to Harvard professor Nicholas Christakis, more than we think! Author of Connected: The Surprising Power of Our Social Networks and How They Shape Our Lives, Christakis is a Greek American internist and social scientist who has spent the last ten years studying social networks. In this interview with Maria Hinojosa he explains how our friendships impact everything we do (perhaps he should thank his friends for helping him become one of Time magazine’s Most Influential People in the World).
NOTE: The 5XX program number refers to the APT number for Maria Hinojosa series. The 33XX program number refers to the WGBH number for the Maria Hinojosa series as a continuation of La Plaza.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Tovares, Joseph (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Nicholas Christakis,” 07/27/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FBB26DB51204BD4A59AE7656E67A636.
- MLA: “Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Nicholas Christakis.” 07/27/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FBB26DB51204BD4A59AE7656E67A636>.
- APA: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One; Nicholas Christakis. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FBB26DB51204BD4A59AE7656E67A636