Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Bovine Rhapsody
Bovine Rhapsody: An Ode to Cow 16x9 Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- Bovine Rhapsody
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
BOVINE RHAPSODY EPISODE 28
Join us as we visit the rugged region of Southwest Tuscany, where semi-wild Maremmane cattle inspire a local specialty called bollito. Next, we’ll travel to Morocco to experience freshly made Beldi butter, and we’ll also try chocolate milk from the American heartland. From Italy to Upstate New York, we’ll show you how cows influence cuisines around the world. Back in the Gourmet kitchen, we’re spicing up a basic cut of meat with a flavorful dry rub and homemade barbecue sauce.
RECIPES Bollito di Manzo e Vitellone (Boiled Beef) Grilled "Barbecue" Beef Mayonnaise Salsa Verde Stracciatella Soup (Egg-Drop Broth with Parmesan)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Bovine Rhapsody,” 04/22/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FB969366A7A4EF4A6BCEFF58B9A2E9D.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Bovine Rhapsody.” 04/22/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FB969366A7A4EF4A6BCEFF58B9A2E9D>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; Bovine Rhapsody. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FB969366A7A4EF4A6BCEFF58B9A2E9D