Arthur; For Whom the Bell Tolls, Arthur and Los Vecinos
Tracks 1-2 Full Stereo Mix, Tracks 3-4 Music and Effects Stereo Mix
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- For Whom the Bell Tolls, Arthur and Los Vecinos
- Program Number
605; 608; 91
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
608: For Whom the Bell Tolls: D.W. lost her voice! For Arthur it's a dream come true ... until Mom asks Arthur to take care of D.W., and he finds himself at the mercy of a bad mime with a cowbell. Will Arthur spend the rest of his life at D.W.'s beck and call, endlessly fetching ginger ale and playing Crazy-eights?
605: Arthur and Los Vecinos: Mr. Sipple from next door is moving away and Arthur wonders -- who will be the new neighbors? When Alberto Molina and his family settle in, Arthur makes a new friend and learns about a different culture ... and about a comic book character named Conejitos Mechanicos! (That's Spanish for Bionic Bunny...)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; For Whom the Bell Tolls, Arthur and Los Vecinos,” 08/30/2001, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FAC7A4B19C4445EA52576A06B6F0CED.
- MLA: “Arthur; For Whom the Bell Tolls, Arthur and Los Vecinos.” 08/30/2001. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FAC7A4B19C4445EA52576A06B6F0CED>.
- APA: Arthur; For Whom the Bell Tolls, Arthur and Los Vecinos. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0FAC7A4B19C4445EA52576A06B6F0CED