Greater Boston Arts; Elliot Norton 100th Birthday Segment
Elliot Norton tribute Master
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Greater Boston Arts
- Elliot Norton 100th Birthday Segment
- Series Description
A locally-produced, periodic half-hour program that showcases the wealth of creativity in the Greater boston area. Greater boston arts will feature segments produced by independent filmmakers - spanning the spectrum from major institutions to community arts centers, downtown theatres to rehearsal studios, high art to low - as well as a calendar of upcoming events. Series release date: 1/1997
- Program Description
On the occasion of his 100th birthday, Greater Boston Arts looks back at the career of the dean of Boston theater critics, Elliot Norton, whose long-running weekly series on WGBH, Elliot Norton Reviews, was an audience favorite for all of its 24 seasons. A keen observer of the local scene, Norton was famous for speaking with a wide range of actors, directors, and playwrights, often in town for pre-Broadway tryouts — Carol Channing, Al Pacino, Angela Lansbury, Pearl Bailey, Neil Simon, and Yul Brynner. Drawing heavily on clips from the WGBH archives, the short birthday tribute piece how Norton engaged his impressive roster of guests in the constructive art of criticism.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Stewart, Stephanie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Greater Boston Arts; Elliot Norton 100th Birthday Segment,” 05/14/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0F86517173674C2B92B45E8F2ACE63FD.
- MLA: “Greater Boston Arts; Elliot Norton 100th Birthday Segment.” 05/14/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0F86517173674C2B92B45E8F2ACE63FD>.
- APA: Greater Boston Arts; Elliot Norton 100th Birthday Segment. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0F86517173674C2B92B45E8F2ACE63FD