Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; France: The New Guarde
France: The New Guard 16x9 Letterbox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie
- France: The New Guarde
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiere October 8, 2006
The edgy and provocative Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie provides exclusive entrée into the passionate inner circle of the food world to uncover the latest cutting-edge food trends, must-use ingredients, kitchen gadgets and food destinations. The 20-part series affords viewers privileged access to an arsenal of trusted industry journalists and epicurean experts who deliver compelling food stories from all around the globe. From street food in Shanghai to a "flameless" restaurant in Spain, Gourmet’s Diary of a Foodie mixes travel with food to explore, inform and entertain.
Looking at the world food-first, Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie is a sophisticated, high-end series that introduces viewers to a feast of cutting-edge food trends, exotic ingredients, and in-the-know food players on an international level. Expanding on the lessons learned during the show's travels, Gourmet Editor-in-Chief Ruth Reichl, along with a supporting staff of Gourmet's renowned food editors, go inside the magazine's test kitchens to show viewers how they can bring this diverse culinary landscape into their own homes.
Produced by WGBH and Zero Point Zero Productions in association with Gourmet magazine and Discovery Networks International, and exclusively sponsored by TIAA-CREF. Series release date: 10/8/2006
- Program Description
FRANCE: THE NEW GUARDE EPISODE 31
A new generation of culinary talent is ignoring tradition and experimenting with techniques, reinventing French cuisine. Come with us to meet these young masters: One is changing the face of the French bistro at his restaurant, Le Chateaubriand; another is taking the organic movement in new directions on his farm in the south of France. And we’ll visit a restaurant in a premier art museum, where the chef is creating iconoclastic dishes based on classic ingredients (foie gras and celery rémoulade with popcorn, anyone?). Join us to find out why France could be on the verge of another revolution. Back in the Gourmet kitchen, we’ll see another innovation from French chefs: the Silpat, which has revolutionized pastry-making.
RECIPES Beet Chips with Curried Sour Cream Cumin Apple Chips
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Tenaglia, Lydia (Series Producer)
- Zero Point Zero Productions (Series Producer)
- Collins, Christopher (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; France: The New Guarde,” 04/09/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 8, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0F61CBE5815D44AEAA26AAF5BAC8AAB8.
- MLA: “Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; France: The New Guarde.” 04/09/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 8, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0F61CBE5815D44AEAA26AAF5BAC8AAB8>.
- APA: Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie; France: The New Guarde. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0F61CBE5815D44AEAA26AAF5BAC8AAB8