La Plaza; Federico Garcia Lorca in New York
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- La Plaza
- Federico Garcia Lorca in New York
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Lorca in New York looks at the impact of a stay in New York on the work of Spanish poet and playwright Federico Garcia Lorca, who was assassinated in 1936.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Federico Garcia Lorca in New York,” 05/07/1986, GBH Archives, accessed December 3, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0EA8347E873241A0AD9C53EB0B007AA1.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Federico Garcia Lorca in New York.” 05/07/1986. GBH Archives. Web. December 3, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0EA8347E873241A0AD9C53EB0B007AA1>.
- APA: La Plaza; Federico Garcia Lorca in New York. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0EA8347E873241A0AD9C53EB0B007AA1