Arthur; Castles in the Sky; Tipping the Scales
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Castles in the Sky; Tipping the Scales
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Castles In the Sky Peter K. Hirsch The gang is devastated after their tree house collapses. It was the best place to hang out in the whole world. Can architect Frank Gehry get them to agree on a new design and help them to rebuild?
Interstitial Ms. Lee Burke’s third grade class, Mason Elementary School, Roxbury, MA – Kids draw their own dream buildings and discuss each one’s special features.
Tipping the Scales Alan Silberberg Everyone in Arthur’s chorus group is excited about their upcoming performance in Crown City. Everyone knows nothing beats that post-concert cheesecake at Finklemeyers! But when strict Dr. Fugue replaces fun Mrs. Krasny as their teacher, the gang worries —will music class ever be fun again?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Castles in the Sky; Tipping the Scales,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0E18F96A4C1844329FFB974D5B466D1E.
- MLA: “Arthur; Castles in the Sky; Tipping the Scales.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0E18F96A4C1844329FFB974D5B466D1E>.
- APA: Arthur; Castles in the Sky; Tipping the Scales. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0E18F96A4C1844329FFB974D5B466D1E