Evening at Pops; Virgil Fox
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Virgil Fox
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Virgil Fox and the Boston Pops Orchestra perform:
Dvorak: Slavonic Dance #1 Lalo: Overture to Le Roi D'ys Jongen: Sym. Concertante (excerpts) Bach: Toccata in D Minor Bach: Fugue a la gigue Middel/Schultel: Moto Pereteo Greieg: Suite from Peer Gynt Bach-Cailliet: Little Fugue in G Minor
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Virgil Fox,” 07/12/1973, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed August 19, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0DE4D56A5BFE4A329DFE9B1F5489E46D.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Virgil Fox.” 07/12/1973. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. August 19, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0DE4D56A5BFE4A329DFE9B1F5489E46D>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Virgil Fox. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0DE4D56A5BFE4A329DFE9B1F5489E46D