La Plaza; Marketing Director T&N Comm. Development
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Marketing Director T&N Comm. Development
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
First Broadcast in 1988. US companies have suddenly discovered the potential of the Hispanic consumer. Romancing the Hispanic Market reveals some of the reasons why. Cuban director Luis Aira, who has been praised as one of the most promising young filmmakers, is portrayed in the last segment: El Director.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Marketing Director T&N Comm. Development,” 12/03/1987, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0DBE13536B724D56A871B17ACD84A1A0.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Marketing Director T&N Comm. Development.” 12/03/1987. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0DBE13536B724D56A871B17ACD84A1A0>.
- APA: La Plaza; Marketing Director T&N Comm. Development. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_0DBE13536B724D56A871B17ACD84A1A0